Friday, December 3, 2010

Wisconsin Dells

We had been talking for a couple months about wanting to go up to Wisconsin Dells for a little family getaway.  We especially wanted to make a trip up there once our friends Dave, Jenni & Erin moved by Minneapolis from Colorado because that would be a nice four hour middle point for us all to meet.  Wow that was so much better of a drive than the 20+ hours to get to Colorado to see them!  We decided very last minute to drive up there after we saw how good Laila was doing eating and since she isn’t tied down to her pump during the day anymore.

We had been to the Dells one other time but it was several years ago.  I consulted my good friend Karen who is a definite bargain shopper because they had just gone up there and I knew that she would know the best, cheapest place to stay.  We ended up at a hotel called The Wilderness and it was PERFECT!  Thanks Karen!!  We had a three bedroom suite with a full kitchen and 2.5 baths for $250/night including eight passes to three different indoor water parks!  It was so great for the kids to be able to have their own room and it was especially nice to have the full kitchen because Dave was able to make me his world famous steak (well, world famous to me… my favorite!!).  The days were planned out perfectly because when it would be time to go back for lunch the kids would get a little bit of rest time and then be ready to go again for the afternoon.

I just want to take a minute and tell you how special my friends Dave & Jenni are.  We have not lived in the same state for several years but yet we are as close as ever.  They have been such a huge encouragement through our huge life transition over the past couple of months even though meeting them at the Dells was the first time they were even able to meet Laila.  They have always cared so much about our kids and when Laila came along they loved her just as much even though they had never met.  Jenni was so excited to be able to help me and even tried her hand at feeding Laila which was pretty brave since we were still in the beginning stages of that whole process.  They had also talked with their little girl Erin about Laila a lot and she was very excited to get to meet her.  Right away she told Laila she loved her :)

Anyway, we all had a GREAT time and got to have lots of fun with all the kids.  Emma was of course a water bug as usual, going down every slide possible over and over again.  Jackson was a little scared of the slides at first but by the end we even had him going down the Hurricane (which he’s technically just shy of being tall enough for but they let him anyway).

Our two year olds holding hands :)

Nov 10 047

Pajama party on the murphy bed!

Nov 10 003

Erin meeting Laila

Nov 10 005

We played Red Light Green Light in the long hallway that leads to the water park.

Nov 10 006

She was so excited to play in the water.

Nov 10 008

Little kid slide but the only one we could get a picture of her on.  Most were enclosed.

Nov 10 013

I was a little excited too ;)

Nov 10 014

The girls swinging together

Nov 10 019

Emma LOVED the wave pool.  I would pull her way out to where the biggest ones were breaking.  It was SO FUN!

Nov 10 027

Laila liked getting splashed in the wave pool

Nov 10 032

Taking a break watching the new Toy Story 3 DVD I bought to surprise the kids for the car ride.

Nov 10 033

Laila’s first water slide

Nov 10 036

Jack was all tuckered out :)

Nov 10 046

A special thanks to Dave & Jenni also for all the pictures.  I can’t believe I forgot my camera!!!

3 comments:

Kat said...

So glad you were able to have a fun weekend!

Unknown said...

I would also like to thank Dave & Jenni for the pictures! I'm so glad you guys were able to get away for the weekend, spend time with wonderful friends, eat "world famous" steak, play, relax and have a great time :-) It is a great place to visit in the summer too - hint, hint :-P

MamaDuck76 said...

Somehow I totally missed that you've been updating the blog - I've got some catching up to do!

Doesn't that just figure - forgetting the camera? I've done that for a couple of big events, too. At least Dave & Jenni had theirs!

I'm glad you were able to meet up with them & introduce them to your new little sweetheart. Looks like a FUN time!