So sometimes I forget how lucky we are to live so close to such a great city! We were invited to go with our amazing friends the Petersons to Chicago for the day a few weeks ago to celebrate Kamryn’s birthday. We went back and forth about if we would or not and then finally decided to just do it and I’m so glad we did!
Our first stop was at the American Girl store. Kamryn picked out Julie for her birthday and since Emma already has a doll we decided to let her get Kit’s ears pierced (what will they think of next for these crazy dolls!). We aren’t much for spending a bunch of money there (we leave that to the Grandmas!) but I figure $12 wasn’t too bad to get the ears pierced and it comes with a couple pairs to be able to change them. Laila had lots of fun watching all the people and the girls playing with their dolls. In fact, Ahna let Laila hold her bitty baby since she has the twins so all the girls had a doll to hold. Guess what our new obsession is…… yep, baby dolls!
I love my Peterson girls. Not sure what I’d do without them!
Next on our list was a little something for the boys. We decided it would be fun to walk down to the Lego store to let the boys check it out. On the way we stopped for some Chicago dogs :)
Our kids minus two (Nolen & Laila). We’re quite the bunch :)
The boys were excited to check out all the stuff at the Lego store. I definitely think there will be a trip to Legoland in our near future. It was so neat to see the huge things they have made out of Legos. Jackson got to get two little kits to build which came in handy when we were waiting on dinner later that night.
We parted ways with the Petersons and headed down to let the kids check out the river before heading back toward our car.
We had already decided that we were going to eat at Giordano’s for some Chicago style deep dish pizza before heading home. There was a long wait but it was definitely worth it!
MMMMMMMMMMMMM!
While we were waiting for our pizza I took pictures of my three beautiful children. They were so good all day and very patient through all the walking, shopping and eating. Check these cuties out! How blessed am I?!?

1 comment:
Glad you were able to have a fun day!
Post a Comment