Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Aquarium Field Trip

I am so thankful to be a stay at home mom. Not sure I've mentioned that lately. I love the flexibility and the things that I get to share with my kids one a day to day basis but I definitely love getting to experience field trips with them.

I'm the room mom for Emma's classroom so I get to be pretty involved and most of the kids know me. I've actually gotten used to being called Mrs. Hamstra on a regular basis. I go into her classroom every Monday morning and take some of the kids that are excelling in spelling aside and challenge them with new words and get to encourage them in their studies. I was also privileged to be able to participate with them in the Junior Achievement program and taught them about community for five weeks every Monday afternoon. I love getting to know the other kids that Emma is around day to day and also (if you remember for my beginning of school month long crying session) I hate that her teachers get to see her more than I do so this makes me feel a little more like Im a part of that life she leads too.

We got to take a trip to the Shed Aquarium in March and had a great time.  I don't think that I had ever been there and I know Emma hadn't so it was a great treat for us to be able to experience it together.

2 comments:

Kat said...

What a fun day!!!! I know as a child I was always bummed when the field trip note would go home because I knew there was no way my mom would be able to go.

SAHM= BEST job ever!!!!

MamaDuck76 said...

You are the kind of mom I *loved* to have around when I was a teacher. THANK YOU for your dedication to helping in Emma's classroom! :)