WOW, long time no post huh?? Well keep looking because we had a wonderful vacation this month and we were gone for ten days. I'll get that one up soon :)BUT, I wanted to update those of you praying for us with foster care. We were waiting on our CPR class which is scheduled for Aug 13th and then they would be able to submit our application to the state for our license. Or so we thought......
Yesterday afternoon I think I had the most surprising phone call of my life! It was one of our case workers asking us to take a placement of four children!! All I kept saying was "I didn't even know we had our license!!!" (ask my mother-in-law, she was here!!) Turns out our application had been submitted in June and as of yesterday we have a license to care for foster children. WHOA!! I thought it would be at least the end of September. Anyway, the children were supposed to be removed from their home last night but it didn't end up happening. We are not set up to take four children but had told the case worker that if they needed a place for a few days until they found a permanent foster home that we would do it. So.... I basically had a heart attack all night. Even though it didn't happen, I'm very grateful for the whole situation yesterday because I realized that I really need to get into gear and be ready for a call any day. Please continue to keep us in your prayers as I feel God calling us to be ready.
Thanks!

3 comments:
Praying for you, and for the children who will come to live in your home...
Love you for doing this (among other things!)...
Us
PS. Love the picture! :)
Jack was telling me about that. How crazy! At least now the next phone call won't catch you off guard.
It's so neat that you're doing such a selfless thing. Your family will really benefit from this, even if it is challenging at times!
Post a Comment