Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Beginning of a Journey

A few months ago Jack and I had our hearts touched by a little boy that I had in the Love Notes choir. He has been bounced around to several different homes, seen many, many things that no seven year old ever should, is ADHD and has the sweetest heart if he's willing to let you in. As I got to know him over the past year we really formed a bond that I cannot explain except to give God the credit for allowing me the wonderful opportunity to be one of the people that he showed that sweet heart to.

As we discussed the ways that we could help this boy it occurred to us that there are so many kids out there that need love, consistency, love, boundaries, and more love. My friends Jen & Christy had formed a ministry called "Life's Little Dreams" which meets once a month to inform people about adoption and foster care. After a lot of praying with Jack, phone calls to Jen and research we decided that this was definitely where God was leading us.

We have currently been through 24 hours of training with 10 more hours of take home for an extra therapeutic aspect. We have signed our names several, several times, answered the same questions over and over again about our background, lives as children, how we are raising our own children and so on and so on. Tomorrow we get finger printed Monday we have our final home visit and then about 6 weeks from then we should have our foster care license. It has sort of been a whirl wind process but we know with the way things have been lining up that God has a special child/children waiting for us.

I'll keep everyone updated on here about how the process is going and try to keep up with this as we go through the process. Please pray for us to be prepared for the challenges ahead and also for God to prepare the hearts of the children we hope to help.

Thanks!

3 comments:

MamaDuck76 said...

I think that is one of the most amazing & selfless choices that a family can make! We'll be praying for the child(ren) that God sends your way.

Jenni said...

Praise God for giving you unity in your family, for giving you the desire for what He wants, and for loving you through this decision.

May God bless you as you take on a new role, and as you learn and grow with the children you will meet.

We love you and are praying...

Carrie said...

Wow, Angie! I had no idea you guys were taking this step. That is awesome, and I can't wait to see what God has planned for you guys. We'll be praying!