First day of School
Last day of School
I find watching a child learn the most interesting and amazing thing ever. This year I think the greatest thing was watching her learn to read. She was reading small books with 3-4 letter words over the summer last year but now it is amazing to listen to her read. She speaks with inflection and emotion and amazes me every time she comes to a big word and just breezes by it. To just sit back over this year and watch her little brain make the connections to figure out what words are has been more amazing than watching her learn to walk or potty train or anything else I can think of. She has a short fuse so she does get frustrated very easily but I have learned how better to deal with that and once she gets it she goes! I'm so proud of everything she has accomplished this year and am looking forward to a summer of fun and more learning to get ready for the big task of 1st grade. Just typing that makes me sad. I'm not ready to let her be away from me so much but I'm so glad that I have the assurance that she has great Christian teachers guiding her and a wonderful Christ-centered environment to learn in. We've been so blessed.
Last day of School
I find watching a child learn the most interesting and amazing thing ever. This year I think the greatest thing was watching her learn to read. She was reading small books with 3-4 letter words over the summer last year but now it is amazing to listen to her read. She speaks with inflection and emotion and amazes me every time she comes to a big word and just breezes by it. To just sit back over this year and watch her little brain make the connections to figure out what words are has been more amazing than watching her learn to walk or potty train or anything else I can think of. She has a short fuse so she does get frustrated very easily but I have learned how better to deal with that and once she gets it she goes! I'm so proud of everything she has accomplished this year and am looking forward to a summer of fun and more learning to get ready for the big task of 1st grade. Just typing that makes me sad. I'm not ready to let her be away from me so much but I'm so glad that I have the assurance that she has great Christian teachers guiding her and a wonderful Christ-centered environment to learn in. We've been so blessed.

No comments:
Post a Comment